This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with Sharp USA. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have been trying so hard to find yummy breakfast dishes I can eat on a low FODMAP diet. To hear more about this diet and why I am on it, check out this post. I’ve found myself in a rut of eating scrambled eggs every morning, and it was getting a little old. I love eggs, but I needed to mix it up a bit. I have been LOVING all the summer produce (that I can eat), especially fresh tomatoes and basil that we grow in our garden. I decided to throw that together with my eggs and created this egg frittata! And I am obsessed. It is so healthy and fresh. Plus, I cook mine in my new Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven which keeps it moist and delicious!
So needless to say, I am very excited to share this recipe with you today! And to share my favorite new kitchen appliance — the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven!
This compact, low-profile, countertop oven has quickly become my favorite appliance in my kitchen. I have been cooking with it for about a month now and have been loving trying all its different features! I hardly feel the need to preheat and use my large oven anymore. Here are a few of my favorites:
- This oven does not require preheating or food to be defrosted. It heats up instantly to 485 degrees, saving you so much time in the kitchen! Not to mention how much cooler my kitchen feels without having all the excess heat from my large oven.
- It cooks with steam and radiant heat. The steam keeps your food moist and the radiant heat gives it the best roasty-toasty results on the outside! This combo is such a healthy way to get delicious tasting food quickly and easily at home. Plus, the superheated steam makes leftovers like pizza and chicken taste fresher the next day, more like second helpings!
- The design of the unit is stellar. This won’t be another kitchen appliance you are trying to hide when guests come over because you don’t like how it looks — this is an appliance you will want to gladly show off on your countertop! The stainless steel finish makes the appliance a beautiful addition to my kitchen.
- It has SO MANY functions. You can cook using any of these five functions: toast, warm, pizza, bake/reheat, broil/grill. Did you read that? There is a function JUST FOR PIZZA. I can’t think of anything better than that. The oven even fits a full 12” personal pizza, making lunch a breeze during the busy work week.
I love my Superheated Steam Countertop Oven. One of my favorite things that I have made in it so far is this egg frittata that I am sharing with you today!
This egg frittata comes together in minutes and is such a healthy breakfast option! Plus it only uses 7 ingredients: olive oil, tomatoes, eggs, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper. That’s it! I topped mine with some fresh basil and cherry tomatoes from my garden, which I highly recommend, but it is not necessary.
Once this frittata is cooked, it is best to eat it immediately while it is hot! I think it would be delicious with some salsa or even some greek yogurt. For my low FODMAP people, I ate my serving with some dairy free ranch!
This frittata is such a perfect dish to make for your next brunch. Not only is it healthy and easy to make, it looks beautiful and will definitely be a crowd pleaser.
As always, please tag me if you try this recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Chop the tomato into small, bite sized pieces.
- Crack six eggs into a bowl and whisk them thoroughly.
- Pour the olive oil into an oven safe pan. Add the chopped tomatoes, spinach, whisked eggs and cheese. Make sure everything is spread evenly throughout the pan. Top everything with salt and pepper.
- Bake the egg frittata at 375 for 25 minutes. The eggs should be completely set at this point.
- Top with any desired toppings (I suggest cherry tomatoes and fresh basil!). Eat immediately and enjoy!