Even though most of us work from home nowadays, we all need an easy, hands-off recipe every once and a while, and this meatball quinoa bowl is the perfect option. With only 10 minutes of prep time, this recipe is truly a breeze.
This bowl has really simple ingredients — mix greens, quinoa, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, and Rao’s Meatballs! Rao’s Meatballs are in the frozen section at Sprouts. Sometimes after a busy day, it is a relief to look in the freezer and find a high quality protein option that is so easy to prepare. Rao’s Meatballs are extremely simple to prepare. Throw them in the oven and you’re done. I love that Sprouts has so many incredible freezer options, like Rao’s, that are healthy and delicious. Plus this month is National Frozen Foods Month! So if you like celebrating random food holidays like I do, then this dish should be at top of your list!
Many of you may know by now, but I am obsessed with roasted sweet potatoes! I think they are so superior and can really spruce up any dish. This bowl is no exception. Also, brussel sprouts have habitually gotten a bad rap, but this is completely undeserving! If you cook brusssel sprouts right, they are absolutely delicious. Let me share my tips for making the best brussel sprouts and roasted sweet potatoes:
- Use plenty of olive oil. If you don’t have enough olive oil, the veggies will not be able to roast properly and won’t get the delicious crispy edges.
- Roast at 425. This temperature is high enough that the crispy edges will happen, but the inside will be perfectly soft.
- Don’t turn the sweet potatoes or brusssel sprouts too much. Leave the sweet potatoes on one side and the brussel sprouts cut side down until they get a decent char.
I cannot wait for you to try this recipe! Head to your nearest Sprouts so you can try this Meatball Quinoa Bowl for yourself! As always, if you try this recipe, please tag me @thepalatablelife!
Meatball Quinoa Bowl
- 1 box Rao's Meatballs & Sauce
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- Cook the Rao's Meatballs & Sauce according to the instructions on the box.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the brussel sprouts in half. Cut the sweet potato into large chunks. Toss the brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with the olive oil, garlic salt, paprika, and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft and brussel sprouts are starting to char.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa, turn heat to low, and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa is done.
- When everything is finished cooking, assemble the bowl. Add mixed greens, then top with meatballs, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and quinoa. Enjoy!